Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Four months!


Wow, this post is WAY overdue, but I definitely think this is my favorite baby age so far. Despite a few hiccups in her sleep and overall happiness which I attribute to my thyroid issues, this is such a cool month because she has started to really recognize the world around her.

She grabs for things she wants now and can easily flip from tummy to back. She's found her toes and just inserts as many as she can straight into her mouth. She squeals when she's happy and is super close to laughing. She has really started interacting with my husband and has a markedly different relationship with him than she does with me. Her grins are absolutely infectious and she shares them more easily than ever. Her bottom two teeth have broken through and she's showing more interest in food every day. She can almost sit up unassisted but she gets tired easily and wobbles a lot still.

And she's definitely a little ham. She knows when you're talking about her and wants you to constantly be talking to her. I try hard to get her to play alone a bit so she doesn't become too dependent on external entertainment but hey, it's difficult when she's your biggest source of entertainment too!

At her doctor's appointment this month she measured in at 25.5 inches and 13.11 pounds. She is definitely a little string bean. =) I can't believe how long she is, though. It makes baby wearing rather difficult.

It seems really strange to me that I have a four month old daughter. The pains of pregnancy are a distant memory and with the exception of my postpartum health issues (and the stretch marks, unfortunately), I almost can't believe my life was ever any other way. It simultaneously feels altogether different and completely the same. I thought I would have such a difficult time adjusting but being a stay at home mom comes so naturally to me and we were already more inclined to stay in than to party that it hardly feels like much has changed. Except that we have a little person to feed and bathe and love. I definitely feel like my life is whole now (even with my sometimes overwhelming desire for baby #2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment