Sunday, July 8, 2012

Neglect


I know I have been neglecting this blog hardcore but I'm in the second wave of post-baby relative visiting. We've been taking Miss Iz to my husband's hometown to visit her great-grandparents a lot recently and that has been seriously taking it out of me. I have been afraid to spend the night since I have her on such a great schedule so we've been getting up early and making the nearly two-hour drive up and then back again that evening. But I know it cheers up my in-laws to do it so I've mostly been happy to do it.


My father also came down from Pennsylvania to visit. I honestly am having a difficult time even remembering the last time I saw my father. =( It's hard since he moved about 3 hours away from all my other Pennsylvania relatives so it's difficult to visit him even when I go to Pennsylvania.


While my dad was here, my sister also came down from North Carolina! So Iz got to see a ton of her relatives in one long weekend. =) And I got lots of pictures, which is so important to me for her to be able to look back on.


Plus this weekend Iz, grandma, and I will be making the trek up to Pennsylvania to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. I can't even believe how many people we will be seeing while we're there! I never thought I'd see all my maternal cousins in the same place at the same time ever again since they live across the US including Michigan and Texas. I am honestly very excited!! Although I will miss my husband (and I know he will miss me and baby girl even more) and I'm nervous about driving so far with a three month old and messing up her sleep schedule, I'm still very happy to get to show her off to everything and get tons of pictures of her family "back home" that I hope she will be able to have in her life as much as possible considering the circumstances.


Hope to knock out a few more posts before I'm off though! I took her three month photos AND made some delicious chicken I need to post about. =P

1 comment:

  1. I put that pic of me trying to give her the binkey as my desktop at work. It makes me smile so much!!!

    ReplyDelete