Monday, July 9, 2012

3 months!


We didn't have a doctor's appointment this month so I'm not sure of her weight or her length. I would guess she's grown at least another inch though! She seems so long to me - at least the size of some 6 month olds! (Which she must be since she fits nicely in 6 month clothes now.)

She has made great progress this month. She can sit up really well with assistance, she loves to "talk" to everyone now, she can pull toys to her mouth and chew on them, she can clasp her hands together (which is adorable!), and she has started being awake for an hour or two at a time. She hasn't rolled over yet without a little assistance I'm about 90% positive she can do it if she wanted to seeing as she rolled onto her side at four days old. I am a wee bit concerned I don't do enough tummy time but she is so strong and can hold her head up so well while sitting that I feel like I must be doing something right.


I think she is going to be a bit of a social butterfly though! She wants nothing more than to stare you in the eyes and babble for a good 15 minutes. =) Although she likes toys, especially her activity mat, she just doesn't seem as concerned to make physical leaps and bounds as she does social ones. Of course, that could change, but she's perfectly content to sit and coo at her toys for awhile before swatting at them. (And she prefers them if they have a face! Any of the plastic butterflies, hearts, or rings on her toy bar won't hold her attention for more than a second, but hang a doll or stuffed piggy with a smiley face on the same bar and suddenly she is fascinated, reaching for it and smiling.)

I'm going to try to photograph some of her favorite toys so that she can remember them too. Maybe I'm a little psycho but hey, I'm a stay at home mom, what else do I have to do? I really enjoy photography and I like to think it keeps me sharp for my (non-existent) clients. ;-P This blue elephant was her first, and still one of her most, favorite!


Oh, and my lovely husband attempted to do the impossible and take a decent picture of me by my request since Miss Iz is now three months and I have maybe five cell phone pics of us together. I'd like to think the experience gave him more sympathy and understanding towards me as a photographer, but I know he just got really frustrated haha. I know I'm going to get some professional ones done for her 1 year birthday so there will be SOME decent pictures of us together.


No comments:

Post a Comment