Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Coexisting


As you may be aware, we have six cats. If you are wondering whether this is a good idea or not, please be advised this is utterly too many cats. If I could go back to only having four cats, I probably would, but we're attached to the little devils and would never select two of them to dump at the pound.

Despite what some people believe, I've actually thought a lot about how to bring a baby into a home with six cats.

First, I didn't want the cats getting into her room when I couldn't supervise them. I did a lot of research and ultimately took a chance on an extra tall baby gate. It works beautifully and the kitties don't even try to jump it! (Though Zeke has taken to mewing outside the door while I'm in there...)

Second, we obviously have an extreme litter box situation. And crawling babies get into everything. Therefore I've been looking at litter box solutions for downstairs. I think I've found the perfect way to conceal them! I was going to build myself something similar, but these look so nice and are so reasonably priced, I think I may just buy these and save myself some work.


If the cats take to them, I can see converting my upstairs litter boxes as well. I am a little worried about the height in the white ones as I have some big cats, but I intend to just leave the drawer out of this brown one.


See? They even have a picture to show you how toddlers can coexist with cats - haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment