Thursday, July 19, 2012

Caramelized Baked Chicken


Okay, I accidentally stumbled on this recipe while reviewing another recipe my mom sent me from her Big Oven account, but it is fanFREAKINGtastic! I was a little bit skeptical because I've made similiar recipes and they sauces never turned out how I wanted - they were either too sweet or too ketchupy or too... bad. Ha! But this one was bang on. I used chicken thighs instead of legs but definitely keep the skin on these suckers, they crisped up perfectly.

I followed this recipe exactly (minus the leg to thigh substitution) and served it with skillet potatoes and green beans. Delish!

Ingredients
 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
1 cup honey
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste

Prep
  • Preheat oven to 375°F

Steps
  1. Place the chicken legs in a 9x13 baking dish. 
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour evenly over chicken legs. 
  3. Bake for approximately 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment