Thursday, June 14, 2012

Scrapbooking


As a stay at home mom, I have been trying to find easy to do crafts that I don't have to focus too hard on and can put down quickly. I'm a crafty person anyway and I loooove paper so I've always wanted to try my hand at scrapbooking.

As I expected, I love it! It's so much fun to combine different colors and textures. It also perfectly meshes my love of photography and storytelling. =)

I really got motivated after the last time we visited my in-laws in Ohio. My husband's aunt showed me her scrapbooks. She had one a year with all her children's achievements, trips, and family activities. I thought this was such a cute, wonderful way to remember all kinds of big and little things in Iz's life. I remember looking through old books of photos as a kid and wondering where we were, what we were doing, and how old we were. This way all that information is built in and Iz (and any future brother or sister) can read a little story of their childhoods when they get older.

One special thing I'm doing is getting a picture of each of her aunts, uncles, and grandparents holding her. Since so much of our families are out of town - and our families are BIG - I wanted her to be able to put a face with a name when I talked about my sisters or my in-laws.

I will take some better pictures of a few of my favorite pages as I go along. These are just two phone photos, but you get the idea. ;-) I haven't gotten a chance to work on it at all this week, but I'm jonesing for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment