Friday, June 15, 2012

2 months!


Wednesday Miss Iz had her two month doctor's appointment. She was 12 pounds, 12 ounces (dropping down to the 75th percentile) and 24 inches long (still the 95th percentile there though!) I'm honestly glad she's not 95%+ for weight anymore because I irrationally worried it was an indication of her being doomed to suffer with my health issues.

Last month she started sleeping through the night, smiling all the time, making prolonged eye contact with her smiles, "talking," reaching and grabbing for a few special toys, and holding her head up for extended periods of time. =) I am so proud of her!

I know there are things I'm going to miss about this stage of babyhood, but one thing I know I won't is the constant fear of SIDS. =( It's definitely more challenging since she sleeps in her own room. While I wouldn't change that, I can really understand now why people want to co-sleep. I try to be reasonable about it but inevitably as I'm drifting off to sleep I'll think 'wow she's been quiet for so long....' and I'll have to go check on her. It's hard to be a mommy!

I will also be happy when she's no longer on the acid reflux medicine too.

Oh! And she was such a little trooper with her shots too. She only cried a minute and had a slight fever the next day. A little more needy but that's it. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment