Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nap time!


I have managed to get Miss Iz on a sleep schedule: She gets a bath between 8:30-9:30, feed, a little story, and then she goes to bed and wakes up between 6:30-7:30. Awesome, right? Especially for a two month old!

I have managed to get her on a feeding schedule: She eats approximately every 3 hours, sometimes she goes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter. I am a big believer in feeding on demand, this loose schedule was more for my sanity than anything. The constant feeding was driving me crazy and there were many a time I wanted to give up on breastfeeding altogether. This schedule gave me some structure and predictability to my day, as well as the ability to determine when she was really hungry and not just fussy.

But one thing I have not managed to do is get her on a nap schedule!

Sometimes she wakes up in the morning and talks and "plays" with me for hours. Sometimes she immediately wants to go back to sleep. I can't predict it and I can't figure out how to plan around it. Therefore, I've just been letting her nap at her leisure. But of course, sometimes she gets overwhelmed and exhausted. =(

At first I was just going to put her down after her second feeding, at nine, and then again at three. But since she's been going back to sleep after the first feeding, that kind of threw that plan out the window. =)

Today she had two naps, but at completely arbitrary times. Tomorrow I'll try again for a schedule. But maybe I'll just let Princess Iz sleep whenever she wants and run errands after she wakes up. =P


No comments:

Post a Comment